Public Policy Institute
March 03, 2010
Chief Justice Randall Shepard to serve as chair, Mark Miles as co-chair
The Indiana University Public Policy Institute has established a new advisory board and appointed 11 citizen leaders as initial members. Among other responsibilities, the board will direct an “Indiana’s Future” initiative—guiding policy recommendations for Indiana’s future based on conditions in Indiana and the Midwest.
The board will be chaired by Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Randall T. Shepard. Serving as co-chair will be Mark D. Miles, president and CEO of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership. Other members are:
• David J. Bennett, executive director, Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne
• Susan Brooks, general counsel and senior vice president for workforce and economic development, Ivy Tech
• Kathy Davis, former Indiana lieutenant governor and president of Davis Design Group
• Greg Lindsey, professor and associate dean, Hubert H. Humphrey Institute for Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
• Mark T. Maassel, interim president and CEO, Northwest Indiana Forum, and of counsel, Kreig DeVault
• Jamie P. Merisotis, president and CEO, Lumina Foundation for Education
• Patrick A. Shoulders, vice president, IU Board of Trustees and partner, Ziemer, Stayman, Weitzel & Shoulders, LLP
• William Shrewsberry, president and CEO, Shrewsberry & Associates, LLC
• Tracy Souza, president, The Cummins Foundation
John L. Krauss directs the IU Public Policy Institute, which is affiliated with the IU School of Public and Environmental Affairs.