Our research and analysis will give you the information you need to achieve your goals. Let’s get started.
Work With Us
The PPI difference:
- Deep understanding of public policy
- Expertise in several key areas, like public safety and economic development
- Long-term, big-picture outlook
- Experts who care deeply about what they study
- Objective, nonpartisan approach
- A fee-for-service research center within Indiana University
Clients and partners of every kind
Public policy affects every sector and field. We’ve worked with hundreds of clients, including nonprofits, civic organizations, businesses, and government offices and agencies at the local, state, and federal levels.
We also partner with organizations—such as the Brookings Institution—that want to tap into our research capabilities or Indiana expertise.
Our clients have included:
- Boy Scouts of America
- City of Carmel
- Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention
- Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Indy Parks
We partnered with PPI on a summer camp for refugee teenagers. PPI staff showed extreme tenacity in developing the program, and the camp was very successful.Terri Morris Downs, executive director, Immigrant Welcome Center
A process that’s focused on your goals
Every project is unique, but many have these general stages. From start to finish, we’re always available to answer your questions.
We want to hear your goals, questions, and concerns. We’ll work with you to create a focused research question that will guide our work.
We’ll develop a proposal that specifies the research plan, timeline, budget, and deliverables. You’ll review it, and we’ll tweak it as needed. When approved, it will be the project’s road map.
4. In-depth work
We’ll dig in and get to work. We’ll keep you updated and let you know if we need any assistance. For example, we may ask you to put us in touch with people who use your services.
We’ll show you what we learned and what we recommend. After you give feedback, we’ll finalize the deliverables, which you’ll be able to use to sustain and improve your work.
6. Sharing (with your OK)
If you agree, we’ll share the results publicly to help inform communities, amplify the project’s impact, and highlight your good work.